"We choose to...do...things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, becasue that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win..." JFK

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fishing Update

Well I've been busy fishing but this challenge has proven very difficult.  So far I have hooked a total of ten fish and have landed exactly two.  Both of them were small fish weighing less than 3 lbs each.  The greatest difficulty has been getting the hook to penetrate so I've downsized my hooks to a 1/0 J-style hook.  I've also changed rods as it proved too difficult to use the fly rod effectively.  My rod for now is a 6 1/2 foot Ugly Stick which has a very flexible tip.

Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment